Will Litecoin, Chainlink, and Bitcoin Cash be able to compete with Bitcoin and Ethereum in terms of institutional interest?

Spread the love

 158 Interactions,  4 today

Bitcoin is no longer regarded as Internet currency. With major institutional accumulation in recent months, its valuation has advanced to the next level, crossing main price thresholds in 2021. Significant interest from these organisations has resulted in validation, and the financial effect has been obvious.

At press time, Microstrategy holds 91,579 BTC under its Bitcoin treasury, and Tesla holds about 43,200 BTC.The same surge of curiosity is now sweeping through Ethereum. The interest has grown since the beginning of 2021, when the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, or CME, introduced Ether futures for accredited investors in the United States. Taking directional bets on ETH and hedging against sport sector positions has become more easy.

On the same day, Galaxy Digital launched the ‘Galaxy Institutional Ethereum Fund’ for institutional investors and companies interested in investing in Ethereum without buying or owning any of the properties.

Ether’s interest is already paying off, with its valuation increasing faster than Bitcoin in 2021. Now that the top two coins are generating positive demand from certified buyers, the question is whether the other investments will follow suit.

RECOMMENDED READ:  After an attempted hack, the Hotbit cryptocurrency exchange has been forced to close down for repair.

Why Bitcoin and Ethereum? 

This query does not require an answer for the most ardent crypto fans and traders, but it is important to cover all bases. Institutions may have only recently became aware of the Bitcoin craze, but the currency has been available since 2018. Grayscale kicked things off with the GBTC trust fund, followed by CBOE and CME releasing BTC futures following the 2017 bull run.

It was only natural that the face of cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin) would be the first to gain legitimate recognition from certified merchants. Grayscale actually owns 654,885 BTC, or 3.12 percent of the overall stock, as of press time.

With Bitcoin being the most common crypto asset, interest in Ethereum began to grow from a development standpoint. DeFi specified the year 2020. Recently, the idea of NFT tokens has created a lot of interest, and for more information, here is a map that includes all of the projects on the Ethereum blockchain.

Source: Twitter

As a result, when organisations noticed ETH’s promise, it was highly regarded because its blockchain is assisting programmes worth billions of dollars.

RECOMMENDED READ:  First Global Trust has announced a $2.15 million investment in an Asian digital payments provider.

Bitcoin and Ethereum account for more than 60% of the entire crypto market, whilst the remaining 7000 coins account for less than 40%.

Can other Alts incur the same level of institutional interest?

They possibly will but not… on the same level.

Accredited Grayscale holders will now invest in Bitcoin Gold, Litecoin, Ethereum Classic, Stellar Lumens, Horizen, and Zcash. New trusts for Basic Attention Token, Chainlink, Decentraland, Filecoin, and Livpeer were also added recently. However, due to the industry’s instability and lack of time, these altcoins would not make it to the next stage.

The case is a little different with currencies like Litecoin and Bitcoin Cash, but they are basically similar to Bitcoin, and their trading volumes have only mirrored patterns over time, rather than being individually dominant in the market.

Additionally, in the case of most other altcoins, they are already based on Ethereum. While the projects are functionally different and tackling different issues, Ethereum’s chain remains the top architectural block.

RECOMMENDED READ:  Why Ukrainian Minister claims cryptocurrencies are ‘promising,' just not riches in their simplest sense

Will this mindset over other assets change?

Institutional investors are not looking at some other commodity besides Bitcoin and Ethereum since their worth is intrinsic and often extracted by their large group. Such securities do not have a comparable market cap and do not show resistance to market fluctuations. Institutions have clearly penetrated the crypto space, but they are unlikely to abandon Bitcoin and Ethereum anytime soon.

Leave a Reply

Contact Us